Patients on long-term medication and approved for repeat prescriptions can place orders in a number of ways:
- In person (although not currently due to the current COVID-19 circumstances)- Drop your prescription in the post box in the surgery reception.
- By post - send it in with a stamped addressed envelope if you want it posted back to you.
- Online - once you have registered for online services, follow the link at the top of this page.
- Our telephone line - Our prescription line is available between 10am-1pm and 2pm-6:30pm Monday-Friday. It will also be available between 6:30pm-9pm on a Wednesday evening and 8a,-11am on a Saturday morning.
Controlled Drugs, Gabapentin and Pregablin changes
From 1st April 2019, Gabapentin and Pregablin will be reclassified as a Controlled drug.
What does this mean for you?
- You are still able to receive the items for legitimate use on prescription, but there will be stronger controls in place.
- Controlled drug items will no longer be able to go on repeat dispensing or be given to you for more than 28 days.
Patients on repeat medication will be asked to see a doctor, nurse practitioner or practice nurse at least once a year to review these regular medications and notification should appear on your repeat slip.
Please ensure that you book an appropriate appointment to avoid unnecessary delays to further prescriptions.
When will my prescription be ready?
We will take up to 48 working hours to produce your prescription. However, some pharmacies can now take up to an additional 5 days to dispense medications.
We have no control over this so please speak with your chosen pharmacy for more information.
If you wish to change your nominated pharmacy, you can do this via reception or visiting your pharmacy of choice. Some online access apps will also allow a change of nominated pharmacy.
Online Access - Are you ready to take matters into your own hands?
Online access gives you the option to book/cancel GP appointments, order your prescriptions and view parts of your medical records all from the comfort of your own home, or out and about. If this is something you're interested in, please head to our online services section where you'll find more information on how you can sign up.